"The staff plan and provide a wide range of activities for the children, which support all areas of their development well". OFSTED
The Curriculum is carefully planned to cover the main areas of learning, as set out below, providing a firm foundation for the children's overall development. We believe that learning should be fun and provide an interesting and broad approach to:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development (confidence, relationships, concentration, independence, sensitivity and expression)
- Communication, Language and literacy (expression, listening, vocabulary, sharing books, letter shapes and sounds)
- Problem Solving, Reasoning and Numeracy (colour, shape, pattern, language, numbers, practical problems, number rhymes and songs)
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World (awareness of family, home, living things, objects, events, materials, technology)
- Physical Development (co-ordination, small and large motor movements, spatial awareness)
- Creative Development (imagination, music, art & craft, senses)
We carefully observe and keep detailed records of each child, a summary of which is passed on to their next school. We have contact with the local state and independent schools to help ease the transition between nursery and school.
We aim for the children to be able to move on to the next stage of their education, confident in their own abilities, interested in the world about them and aware of the needs of others..